Talent Operations Manager
United States, Texas, HoustonOperations
Buildforce is hiring a Talent Operations Manager to help manage our network of tradesmen in the construction industry. We're looking for process-driven individuals who have strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
This role has high potential for upward mobility. For candidates who demonstrate strong analytical skills and strategic thinking, this position will lead to an operations manager and eventually a general manager position at Buildforce.
We're a startup, so it's very important that you're a self-starter and can work in a fast-paced environment with a large amount of autonomy. A successful Talent Operations Manager at Buildforce is one that is willing to learn quickly, is excited to grow the team, and is driven by the success of the tradesmen we serve.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with the Head of Operations as an early member of the Talent Operations team
- Execute a recruiting strategy to hire the most qualified candidates. This includes:
- Conducting hard and soft skills assessments for tradesmen
- Matching qualified tradesmen to open jobs
- Managing a database of current and past employees and candidates
- Finding new ways to source candidates (trade schools, referrals, networking, etc.)
- Manage day-to-day field operations. This includes:
- Onboarding workers and getting them ready for the job site
- Checking in with workers on a regular basis to coordinate scheduling, etc.
- Collaborate with the Sales team daily to ensure that positions are filled
- Coordinate with the Product and Engineering teams to improve Talent Operations
- You're a proven self-starter that does whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to follow processes and think creatively
- First-rate interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with candidates & employees
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Exceptional organization skills with the ability to prioritize a series of tasks
- You're a team player who's excited to build the Talent Operations team
- Bilingual preferred - English and Spanish